Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays

Earlier this month, just as I was running from my practice room to my next class, I looked out into the lobby at Juilliard to see an enormous Christmas tree that seemingly appeared via magic. In the craziness of the semester, I had almost forgotten that the holidays were upon us! It was awesome to see that even in such a hard-working, focused place, there was still room for some holiday cheer.

As if we needed further evidence that Juilliard is pretty much Hogwarts…

With classes wrapping up and final exams on the way, it’s easy to get wrapped up in schoolwork, but there are so many reasons to be happy! Juilliard has had a lot of ways to celebrate the season and allow students to de-stress–from free hot cocoa and cookies, to massages, to dog therapy. Also, if you can find the time to venture outside of Juilliard, the holiday season in New York City is the BEST. Some of my friends and I went to explore the Christmas decorations in the city last weekend, and it was a total blast (not to mention a great practice/study break). Check out the pictures!

Hope that flute player remembered to practice his Daphnis excerpts in between Christmas songs.

It’s been an amazing first semester at Juilliard, but I’m really looking forward to heading home for a little bit to recharge and be with family.  Being in such a fast-paced environment allows you to learn so much, but it’s important to get away from it every so often and take a break… I think it makes you appreciate it all the more.

Happy Holidays, and see you in 2016!

Semester Wrap Up

Semester Wrap Up

A Dance Major in 10 GIFS

A Dance Major in 10 GIFS