Preparing Your Juilliard Audition!

Preparing Your Juilliard Audition!

The one question you should ask yourself while preparing your Juilliard application is:

Like I said in my last blog, confidence is the key! If Juilliard is where you truly want to be, then act like it! That includes taking all the necessary precautions to make sure your application is as perfect as it can be.

First, you want to give all correct information. So, give your actual name, date of birth, and all of that! Hopefully, that goes without saying... 

Second, don’t be afraid to ask for help! This is your dream school, right? You can’t do it all alone! My mentors and peers gave me the push to push that send button on my application after I wrote that essay and submitted my (jazz) prescreening. My A.P. Lit teacher helped me on my essay a bit before I sent it, so I was thankful for that.

THREE: Learn from my mistakes, and give yourself PLENTY of time to schedule a time or two to record your pre-screening. I waited until the last minute (a day or two before the deadline) to actually record my prescreening. AGAIN, don’t do what I did. I might have just gotten lucky. I had to hunt down Jamey Aebersold CDs that had tracks for the songs I was doing. It was a mess, but I managed to get it done. I recorded my prescreening in my room, with my laptop playing the CD and my iPhone recording me. Thank God for Voice Memos! 

With all that being said, go forth and put your all into your application and audition! All the best and good luck! If you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to call Juilliard! Or if you want to ask me personally, follow me on Instagram (@thejefferymiller) and contact me there! 

My Journey to Juilliard

My Journey to Juilliard

Preparing Your Application

Preparing Your Application