My Journey to Juilliard

My Journey to Juilliard

I trained in ballet, contemporary and hip hop independently with teachers and through competition and dance convention circuits. 

During the summers, I attended many different dance intensives to broaden my horizons and learn from as many different teachers as I could.

In 2014, I attended the Juilliard Summer Intensive and fell in love with the school. It was after attending this intensive that I decided Juilliard was the dream school, and decided to apply!

At the Juilliard Summer Intensive in 2014

Throughout Junior year (note: I am an Early Admission, which means I am attending Juilliard my senior year while finishing high school outside of class time), I prepared myself by focusing on my technical training, working on my audition solo and putting lots of time and effort into my application.

Submitted my application in mid-November for the December 1st deadline!

I auditioned in the first audition city, Chicago, on January 30th!

January 30th – March 18th: Counted down the days until I got my result…

March 19th: THE MAGICAL DAY! GOT MY ACCEPTANCE RESULT! I will be forever grateful!

In August 2015, I moved to New York to start my freshman year at Juilliard!

This was just my journey to Juilliard. Remember that everyone’s is different and make sure you don’t question or compare the path you are on with others’. Enjoy the process and this time in your life…it is an exciting one! All the best!

Maddie

My Journey to Juilliard

My Journey to Juilliard

10 Things to do in Preparation for your Audition