Preparing Your Application

Preparing Your Application

I can’t believe it is already November 1st! Time is flying by here at Juilliard. This time last year, I was preparing my application for Juilliard... So, I thought I’d give you some advice about preparing your application before the upcoming deadline!

I remember the anxious time of beginning the application process to colleges. You are busy with senior year on top of worrying about your future! Just take a deep breath and relax. If you are nervous about your application, just remember that it is really just an introduction. You are just beginning to introduce yourself to Juilliard, so just think of the application as a way to tell the school about who you are.

The essay. Dun, dun, dun!!! My best advice is just to write honestly, assertively and really spend time on the essay. This is a very important part of your application because it allows the Admissions Committee to learn more about you as an individual and gain a sense of who you are beyond your application, transcript and audition. For me, as soon as the essay topics were posted on September 1st, I began thinking about what I wanted to write. Spend time writing. Then step away from it. Go back and revise, rewrite and really communicate your thoughts. The time you spend on it will be worth it!

My other piece of advice is to be very cognizant of deadlines. It is important and shows respect for the process. Remember that the deadlines are “received by” deadlines too! J

When December 1st, 2015 comes, and you have successfully submitted your application (or earlier!) it will feel amazing! Just remember that it is normal to feel nervous or anxious about the application process, but we’ve all been there (me too!)

Wishing you all the luck with preparing your application! You can do it!

Maddie :) 

Me looking super nervous about the application process…looking back on it now, you don’t have to be!

Preparing Your Juilliard Audition!

Preparing Your Juilliard Audition!

Preparing Your Vocal Arts Application

Preparing Your Vocal Arts Application