The Weekend of a Juilliard Dancer

The Weekend of a Juilliard Dancer

Friday:

Most college kids will spend their Friday nights at a party. Here at Juilliard we do things a little bit differently. My Friday night was spent as part of the tech crew for the first Juilliard Dance workshop of the year. A workshop is an opportunity for Juilliard students to choreograph on their own. As a third year, I am taking a class called “Stagecraft”, and part of the requirement for the class is to be on the technical crew for all dance workshops. 

Saturday:

On Saturday I saw the 12th annual Fall for Dance Festival, which included: L-E-V, Boston Ballet, Jesús Carmona, and Bill Irwin and Tiler Peck. It was a fantastic program and a wonderful evening spent with my fellow classmates. 

Sunday:

I began my Sunday bright and early with a gyrotonic lesson. Every Sunday I have a session with 3 other Juilliard dancers, through a scholarship program at Juilliard. Gyrotonics is a terrific way to keep the body healthy and injury-free.  

I ended my weekend with a Gluck performance. This week, we performed for cancer patients and their families at a hospital. These performances are honestly the most fulfilling part of my week. I love getting to spend time with the other members of my Gluck group.

It was a busy weekend, but there is no time to rest as the week ahead is fairly packed. We start rehearsals for our New Dances show this week, and I am ready and excited. Let’s go! 

Why I Decided to Apply to Juilliard

Why I Decided to Apply to Juilliard

Stay Human!

Stay Human!