by Lee Cioppa, Associate Dean for Admissions
It’s hard to believe that summer is over, and we are already accepting applications for fall 2012! We took a long blog hiatus over the summer…not really intentionally, but we were in the process of switching online application companies, and it was a huge and all-consuming project.
So, to start us off again, we are doing a short series on what’s new about applying to Juilliard for fall 2012. If you’ve already looked at the Juilliard Web site, you may have seen this on our “Apply to Juilliard” page:
New for fall 2012:
- All deadlines are received by (not postmarked!)
- An M.F.A in Acting
- Actors residing outside of the U.S. are required to pre-screen
- Playwriting application deadline is November 1
- Horn applicants are required to pre-screen
- Two new majors in Historical Performance: Plucked Instruments and Viola da Gamba
So, what does this mean to you, the applicant? We’re going to explain – check back for the series!