Spring Break… It’s Finally Here!
Y’all… It’s here. Spring Break… Finally… We’ve been waiting…. For so long…. Goodness… On that happy note, I’m doing a top 5 Spring Break Activities list to mentally prepare myself for the upcoming two weeks.
1. Sleep! Oh yes… We’re talking 13+ hours a night. This is no joke. I will be knocked out, on my 8th REM cycle, and it’ll be 3:00pm. The position of the sun in the sky is irrelevant, because I will be unconscious!
2. When I’m not sleeping, I will be assisting my sister in gingerly removing the car from the ditch in the driveway. Honestly, this happens more than it should. Luckily enough it’s nothing a bit of chain and torque can’t fix!
3. Allowing my cat to delicately assist me with the careful act of smell-testing the piano keys. It’s a very important task that requires the utmost skill. I’m honored that she takes her precious, precious time to bless my keyboard so that the notes I play may ring clear and true.
4. In order to make sure everyone feels the love, I will be making sure to take an absurd number of selfies with my dog. Because honestly why else would you have a dog?! Additionally, he’s the best model I could ever hope for. Always camera ready, always beautiful. He’s the best in the business.
5. Last but not least. I’ll be doing a bit of light reading. Reminding myself to keep things cool, calm, and collected as I watch the precious few days of spring break slipping away. It’s always good to remind ourselves (especially during stressful times such as audition season!!!) to keep things in a clear perspective.
Don’t take things to seriously! Take it easy! Life is but a dream! Take breaks when you can, and when you can’t then just be sure to lean in to your work so that by the time the next opportunity for a break comes, you’ll be ready for it! Thanks so much for reading, and be sure to check out some of the other great posts put out by my fellow bloggers!
Juilliard Dance 2020