Semester close – Reflecting on the first half of the year

IT'S FINALLY WINTER BREAK!!!!!!!

mag1.jpg

I am honestly in so much disbelief that I am actually halfway done with my second year at Juilliard and three-fourths of the way to halfway through my bachelor's degree! This semester was definitely tough, but I made it through and ended with a bang! Coming into sophomore year, everyone hears about how it's the craziest year and the key is to chug through, keeping strong. The top tip that I have mentioned before and will probably continue to mention because it has helped me so much is TIME MANAGEMENT. I emphasized this to my freshman colloquium students who I mentored this year and by the end of their first semester, many said they felt much more organized, productive and on top of their work because of time management.

mag2.jpg

In addition to keeping up with my classes and getting all my work done ahead of time, I also got to perform so much more this year! Just by being a Gluck fellow, I have performed over 10 times in the city on the weekends. In addition, by making friends and connections with other students, I was invited to perform with other people in concerts by my colleagues. This semester especially I learned a lot about making connections and being open to new creative opportunities. It has been really interesting to challenge myself to go out of my comfort zone in my singing and incorporate other forms of art into my performing. 

mag3.jpg

Finally, this semester, I made a pact to get out of the "Juilliard bubble" more often. This involved going to different parts of the city to see shows, experiencing other forms of art, going out to celebrations with friends and enjoying the NYC lifestyle. My good friend Aleea has been instrumental to my exploration of the city in that she is the one who motivates me to get up and get out! It's great to have a buddy that will remind you to have fun and relax every once in a while.

mag4.JPG

Till next time,

XO

Maggie

INTERMISSION: YEAR TWO

INTERMISSION: YEAR TWO

A Time for Reflection

A Time for Reflection