INTERMISSION: YEAR TWO

INTERMISSION: YEAR TWO

A Semester in Review

ryan1.gif

This year has been full of ups and downs and has been, by far, my most challenging semester! I’ve made so many good memories, a few bad ones, and have grown tremendously in my singing and my academics. Below is my semester: Good, Bad, and Room for Growth!

Good

Performing!

ryan2.gif

This semester I got to do a lot of performing! In October, I was in Benjamin Britten’s The Burning Fiery Furnace. In November, I was in a recital of Brahms Arts Song and Liebesliederwaltzer and sang at a gala. In December, I was in the Vocal Arts Cabaret and sang at an Alumni Concert at the Detroit Opera House (Michigan is my home state). It’s been busy, but I’m happy to have had the opportunity. In 2018, I’ll be in Die Lustigen Wieber Von Windsor (The Merry Wives of Windsor) and who knows what else!?

Well-Adjusted

ryan3.gif

This year, I am happy to be well-adjusted to living in New York City. One of the biggest challenges for me last year was moving away from my family and the place I’ve always called home. Now, I have a fairly regular calling schedule and look forward to coming home on breaks! I am glad to call New York my second home now!

Time Management

ryan4.gif

A big win for me this semester has been improving my time management skills. This semester I got a lot of great advice on how to manage my time and now I’m rocking! Last year, I felt overwhelmed by the amount of work, and while I still feel that from time to time, it’s a big improvement! I look forward to working more in 2018!

Bad

Stress

ryan5.gif

A big challenge this semester has been dealing with stress. Second year comes with more stress, so I will look for ways to deal with it better in 2018. I definitely let stress get the best of me sometimes, so my big goal is to work through that as the next semester approaches. One of the ways I plan to do that is by taking one less class. I am already ahead in my courses so I figure one less class won’t hurt.

Busy Schedule

ryan6.gif

This is a good and a bad thing. I am so lucky to have so many great things to keep myself busy with, but it can be overwhelming. The schedule at Juilliard can be intense at times, but with proper time management it can be conquered. The hardest part for me is finding the stamina to keep going when I get tired, so I will be trying to work on that as well in 2018.

Room for Growth

More Me Time!

ryan7.gif

In 2018 I really want to do a better job of finding more time to do things that I want to do. It is so easy to forget to take care of yourself when school life gets challenging, so I hope to find more time to do the things I love outside of my school life!

Focus and Productivity!

ryan8.gif

2018 will be the year that I don’t get in the way of what needs to be accomplished. I will work harder to be more focused and productive with my time so I can have some more free time and enjoy time with my friends!

Happy Holidays and See You in 2018!!!

ryan9.gif

Reflecting on the Semester

Reflecting on the Semester

Semester close – Reflecting on the first half of the year