SENDING IN APPLICATIONS

SENDING IN APPLICATIONS

regina1.gif

The whole journey of applying to grad school has been one of the most uncertain and exacting things I had to go through in my 20’s thus far. It was a time wherein I realized that the exploring and messy part of my early 20’s was over and life was beckoning me to do the thing that I always imagined I would do someday. The groundwork and the legwork of putting my dreams into reality was far from romantic, to say the least. It was the point in my life wherein my childhood self was talking to my present young adult self and saying: It’s time to do the thing that only lived in our daydreams.

As an international graduate applicant from the Philippines, I had to submit a pre-screening video together with my application. I then had to wait to receive an email whether I passed the pre-screening phase or not. When I received the email saying that I passed the pre-screening process (and that is a whole other story), it was only then that I was able to schedule a live audition for The Juilliard School Graduate Acting Program. If you are interested in how I prepared for my pre-screening video you can check out the blog I wrote last year:

Link to Preparing Your Drama Pre-Screening Video blog: http://blog.juilliard.edu/20162017-blogs/2016/11/14/preparing-your-drama-pre-screening-video

The deadline of my applications then was the first of December (if I’m not mistaken). I prepared to upload and submit my application a few days before the deadline so I can make space for some technical difficulties just in case. I also slept in my godmother’s apartment and sent out my application there because she had better and faster internet connection in her apartment than in my parents’ house.

Once you send out your application/s I do suggest you go out and treat yourself and let go of it for a while. Graduate applications can be emotionally and physically draining and carving out time to rejuvenate yourself is extremely important.

REGINA DE VERA

GROUP 48

QUEZON CITY, PHILIPPINES

Applications, Essays, Deadlines - Oh My!

Deadline day

Deadline day