Deadline day

Deadline day

Most prescreenings and college applications were due this week, so I can imagine how relieved everyone must be now! I had a summer program application due a few days ago, too, so now I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

With several years of experience filling out applications (it never ends!), here’s what I’ve learned to avoid the last-minute chaos of uploading and filling out forms and scrambling for recommendation letters:

mei1.gif

Make a list of everything you need and keep it accessible--whether it’s on your phone, a notebook, on your fridge….it’s good to keep track of what you’ve completed so far. If you want to go the extra mile, set a timeline so that you’ll have everything finished with time to spare.

Be prepared for FEEEEEES

mei2.gif

A lot of application platforms include a processing charge for using their service (as if applications weren’t stressful enough!), so be prepared for those on top of application fees and/or the Common App fee. Usually these charges will be listed somewhere on the application beforehand so you know what to expect!

Don’t put anything off!!

mei3.gif

This goes without saying, but ask for your recommendations, upload your recordings, and gather all your information as early as possible to ensure a smooth application process.

SENDING IN APPLICATIONS

SENDING IN APPLICATIONS

Performing and Auditioning

Performing and Auditioning