Well, this is it folks. My last blog post of the year! I feel like I should have something magical and inspiring to say, but honestly I’m just humbled and thankful for all of the experiences I’ve been able to have this year at Juilliard, and I look forward to three more years of this incredible journey. There really is no way for me to explain to you all everything that I’ve experienced this year in one short blog posts. The highs and lows, discoveries and experiences, realizations and awakenings, all of these things have come together to paint one huge, beautiful mosaic of my experience this year at Juilliard, and it’s something that I will treasure as long as I live.
In light of this, I thought that I would try to do a recap with my top 10 favorite moments from this year!
1. First ballet class together! This picture was taken at the end of the dance division class of 2020’s very first ballet class together, it’s funny to look back and see how far we’ve come since then!
2. All of the beauty of New York City. To all the spectacular sunsets, avenues, impossibly tall buildings, and impossibly cute cafes, this city never ceases to amaze me with all that it has to offer.
3. October Choreographic Workshop. The piece that I created for this workshop was my favorite piece of the year, and I’ll always be grateful for all of the hard work and dedication that my classmates put into this piece.
4. All those solo improv movements on Saturday mornings. Everyone loves a good solo improv session, and without a doubt I’ve had some of my best here during the past year.
5. That one time we all dressed up as Sia for Halloween. Honestly not only was it an iconic look, but I don’t know of any other class that’s ever coordinated to that degree on Halloween costumes.
6. Class of 2020 Thanksgiving Potluck 2016. Probably one of the best Thanksgiving celebrations I’ve ever had, and with everyone bringing a dish we had an extensive arrangement of delectable treats!
7. New Dances Edition 2016. This was my first time performing with my class and the division as a whole, and it was an experience unlike any other. Definitely a performance to remember.
8. This one goes out to all of the people who listened to my crazy ideas throughout the year for my choreographic workshop projects, and who worked so diligently to make my ideas come to life. I can’t thank all of you enough.
9. To all of our class field trips. Composition class at the MOMA, Limon class at the waterfront, Music class at the Lincoln Center Fountain, there’ve been no shortage of festivities when it comes to getting around town.
10. I have to give this one to all of the dogs that I’ve pet this year. Your cute, fluffy faces have never failed to bring me joy, even in the middle of finals week. To all my four legged friends, thank you for your adorableness.
This year has been nothing short of incredible, and I’m thankful for the fact that I have three more years to go! Thank you all so much for coming along with me on this wild ride! Onwards and upwards!
Juilliard Dance 2020