Five First-year Favorites!
FINAL BLOG OF THE YEAR ALERT! Wowza! I can’t believe my first year at Juilliard is coming to an end (if I had a dime for every time that was said in one of these blogs I’d probably have…about $2.00). This has been an excellent year full of ups, downs, and a lot of fun! This blog will feature some of my favorite moments of the year!
FIRST YEAR FAVORITES
1. New Friends (and old)! – I’ve made so many new friends this year. I am so grateful for them and could not have made it through the year without their support! For next year, I am really looking forward to meeting more people outside of my discipline. Special shout out to Eric, Hailee, Lydia, and Carol – aka the gang – for being especially wonderful!
2. Performances – You get it – I’ve seen a lot since I’ve been here. Getting to see so many great operas, concerts, plays, and musicals has been a highlight of my time at Juilliard. Too many good ones to count! I look forward to seeing more this fall!
3. Lots-a-learnin’ – I am especially proud of how much I’ve learned this year! It’s been incredibly tough at times, but I’m happy to say that all the hard work is paying off. It’s been hard, but worth it! I’m excited to further my knowledge in the coming three years!
4. Better Practice Habits – I’m thrilled about my practice habits this year! I’ve learned to practice more efficiently and get more bang for my buck in a time crunch. This has been a great year for knowing my limits. I’ve pushed it a few times and discovered how much is too much in a practice room! All in all, I’m very happy with my progress in the practice room!
5. Vocal Progress – I’m so happy with all of the progress I’ve made in my voice lessons this year! I’m so lucky to have found such an amazing teacher. She has helped me to grow in so many ways and helped me discover new things about my voice. I am really looking forward to voice lessons over the next three years.
It has been a pleasure writing for you this year! I look forward to seeing and meeting many of you at Juilliard in the fall! Have an excellent summer – make sure to spend some quality time with friends and family and get ready to join the Juilliard Family!