A Dancer’s Day… In Gifs!
We all know the saying “a picture is worth a thousand words.” This then must mean that a gif (comprised of up to 60 pictures) must be worth…. Ok I go to Juilliard for dance not math but the point is that gifs are worth a lot of words! Henceforth the reason that an entire day in the life of a dancer can easily be summed up in 10 incredibly relatable gifs:
1. When you’ve just woken up in the morning and you have to inspire yourself to get out of bed:
2. When you show up to class ready to serve the teacher pure classical ballet realness:
3. And then grand allegro kicks you in the butt and you barely make it to the end of class:
4. But then you look back up from your wheezing and panting to see your friend killing it while going across the floor:
5. Then it’s finally time for lunch and everyone is sprinting to the cafeteria to be the first in line:
6. Then it’s off to composition class and you’re trying to out-do everyone else’s choreography by serving up something like nobody has ever seen before:
7. You finish composition class feeling artsy beyond belief but then remember that up next you have a four hour long tech rehearsal:
8. But then you all actually get some really good work done in rehearsal and have a really good run at the end!
9. Then it’s finally time for dinner and you’re not sure if you’ve ever been hungrier in your life:
10. And then it’s off to bed! You’ve never been more thankful to see a pillow in your life at this point.
Thanks for reading this weeks blog, and be sure to check back next week for more!