Some final bits of wisdom

Some final bits of wisdom

You’re in the home stretch, y’all!! It’s almost December and applications are due in less than two weeks!

Take a verrrry deep breath and remember to relax. It’s so easy to get caught up in who’s applying where, doubting your talent, replaying that one mistake you made in your pre-screen video, and I’m here to tell you that everything is going to be fine!! You’ve made the brave choice to apply to music school and a fantastic choice in applying to Juilliard. Here’s a few reminders for you as you tie up any loose ends with your application:

1.      Be who YOU are as an artist

Don’t try to be the person you think Admissions is looking for, because then they miss out on what makes you uniquely you. If you’re only thinking about what they want to hear, you’re not going to be able to showcase the best things about who you are.

2.      Take time to chill

Most applicants are in their senior year, so not only are you dealing with applications, but you have an entire regular workload on top of that. Nonstop work and stress can really wear you down, and then you can get sick and not be able to sing. It’s so important to take time doing things you enjoy doing outside of school and music, whether that’s exercising or binge-watching The Crown (as I am currently doing).

3.      Reassure your parents

This may seem like an unusual piece of advice, but the application process is stressful for parents, too! They don’t really have control over the situation and they’re often just watching from the sidelines, so remind them that everything is going to be a-okay.

4.      It’s okay to have doubts, worries, and questions

Applying to college is a very big deal, and there are a lot of uncertainties that come along with it. When I was applying to college it seemed like my friends had everything totally together and under control, and at the time I wasn’t even sure I was going to study music (thankfully I took a gap year and decided I was going to). As long as you’re not waiting until the last minute to do everything, you’re totally in good shape. And if you do have questions, just email Admissions! They’re wonderful people and, more likely than not, they know the answers to your questions!

5.      YOU GOT THIS. Now get out there and share your talent with the world!! (But have some turkey first).

Final-ish Thoughts

Final-ish Thoughts

ANY LAST WORDS??

ANY LAST WORDS??