Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

By this point last year, I was basically crawling my way to the “Congratulations! You have successfully submitted your application” webpage. This is such a stressful time of year, and college apps on top of schoolwork on top of performances on top of sleeping and eating and staying sane…it’s a lot to juggle. I managed to submit the majority of my applications right before Thanksgiving break because I was stranded on campus as the first winter snowfall cancelled my flight home. While I was on hold with American Airlines trying to reschedule my flight, I was submitting my Common App to one of my universities. (I wouldn’t recommend multitasking to that extent.)

So you’re almost there: by now, you’ve probably submitted, or are close to submitting, at least one application. Now is a great time to reflect on all of your accomplishments and to realize that you have come so far. With Thanksgiving coming up in the States, you can also start thinking about the things you’re thankful for. Personally, I’m thankful for:

-the opportunity to be surrounded by extremely hardworking and motivated artists every day

-art and its ability to reach audiences worldwide but affect each person differently

-the Halal food cart right next to Juilliard

Congrats on starting your next step on your journey to Juilliard, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Almost December 1st…

Almost December 1st…

Take a Deep Breath

Take a Deep Breath