Almost December 1st…

Almost December 1st…

Here at Juilliard, time is flying by; I can’t believe we are nearing the end of our first semester! It seems like yesterday that I was submitting my application materials to Juilliard. With the big December 1st application deadline just around the corner, I thought I’d share some last minute reminders about finishing your application.

First, just take a deep breath and relax. If you are nervous about your application, remember that it is really just an introduction. You are just beginning to introduce yourself to Juilliard, so just think of the application as a way to tell the school about who you are.

Go back to your essay, read it over, and really evaluate if you’ve written honestly and assertively. This is a very important part of your application because it allows the Admissions Committee to learn more about you as an individual and gain a sense of who you are beyond your application, transcript and audition. You are more than your skills and your work; the artist is a complete person, someone who brings their humanity to their work. So being confident in and clear about who you are as a person is just as important as demonstrating your artistic abilities. Make sure your essay reflects this!

Go over all your materials and make sure you aren’t missing anything, and that you are ready to submit everything on time, and I would suggest submitting a couple of days early. I promise once you send it off it will feel amazing!

Make sure to enjoy your Thanksgiving break, and remember how lucky you are to be in the position of applying to a school like Juilliard. Make sure you step away from application materials, and take some time to enjoy your family and friends, and take a mental break. You deserve it!

Wishing you all the luck with preparing your application! YOU CAN DO IT! Happy Thanksgiving!

Maddie

(The Class of 2019 is wishing you GOOD LUCK! And in celebration of Thanksgiving, I am so grateful for all these amazing people in my life!)

ANY LAST WORDS??

ANY LAST WORDS??

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!