Take a Deep Breath

Take a Deep Breath

I’ve included pictures of cute and relatable cats in this post because I think we could all use some fluffiness in our lives right now…

At this time of year, there is the (slight) possibility that we all might be a little bit stressed. Ok maybe there’s actually a sizable possibility that we’re all a sort of stressed… Or perhaps even a definite probability that there is in fact a rather sizable amount of tension currently going around at the moment. But that’s ok! In fact, that is to be appreciated. Because you see, people only get stressed about things that they really care about. So if you’re stressed about something right now, take a breath so you can understand and appreciate that you are stressed because you have invested time and energy into something you care about it! And that’s a good thing. All that we need to do now is follow through on our passions and desires and trust that they will lead us to exactly the place that we need to be.

On a bit of a lighter note, it’s always definitely ok to take a break from things for a while when life gets to be a bit overwhelming. For example, we all know that Thanksgiving break is right around the corner, and we all know that there are definitely those of us with our Thanksgiving break countdown timers going as we watch sweet, sweet release come closer with every passing second. I on the other hand am watching this timer go by with a bit of apprehension, as I’m actually getting my wisdom teeth taken out the day before Thanksgiving, so if your looking for something to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, be thankful for the fact that you’ll be able to eat solid foods! (Unless that is you too are going to suffer the sorry fate of having your wisdom teeth removed right before one of the most food-centric holidays of the year, in which case I extend both my sympathy and my empathy to you.) But regardless, my mouth will heal, Christmas will come, and I once again will be able to join the rest of my family in partaking in the consumption of solid foods at the table. The point of all this being that even if something you were really looking forward to doesn’t happen now, doesn’t mean that all opportunity will be lost to you forever! You simply have to keep on getting on, and keep on trusting that the next day the sun will rise again.

But for now, we have the present to take care of. For now, we have opportunity! The opportunity to go out each day and embrace all that the world has to offer.  And for this we should be thankful. Incidentally, don’t forget that the December 1st application deadline is coming up, so if you haven’t already, be sure to get your application in! And remember……For now, there is opportunity!

~Alexander Sargent~

Juilliard Dance 2020

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Preparing Your Drama Pre-screening Video?