THE BIG CHOICE!!

THE BIG CHOICE!!

Now a lot of people ask me... 

Hahaha, I'm just kidding. Could you imagine if I started every blog that way? 

Anyway, I'm going to talk about back in the day (3 years ago) when I was applying for college. I went to 2 high schools at the same time, one for my art and the other for academics. My academic high school was very serious about applying to a million schools. This was not only because it was the state's highest-performing school, but because they teachers there wanted the seniors to have the best choices for college we could possibly have.  

Honestly, in August/September of my senior year in high school, I wasn't even considering Juilliard. At the time, I was only going to apply to one school in Boston. I was so set on going to the school in Boston because I had received a full scholarship to the school a year before.  

To this day, I don't know what it was, but it only took one trip to New York in December for me to fall in love with that building. I was in New York to receive an ASCAP award and my teacher and I received a tour of the school from one of the jazz faculty. When I left the building that day, I was pretty much set on applying even though I knew I would have to rush to get everything completed by the deadline.  

Looking back, I remembered Wynton Marsalis telling me to come to New York for school. I had no idea what he had meant back then, but I'm so glad I made that decision. I have a feeling this is going to all pay off.  :) 

P.S. I still visit Boston every now and then since I have a lot of friends who currently go to school there, but I'm pretty happy here in NYC! ;) 

Tis the (Application) Season

Tis the (Application) Season

Application Season is Upon Us!

Application Season is Upon Us!