A DAY IN THE LIFE (JAZZ)!

A DAY IN THE LIFE (JAZZ)!

I'd be lying if I said I don't asked about my day-to-day as a Juilliard student quite often. It's JUILLIARD, so people naturally want to know, I guess. When people find out I'm a jazz musician here, they are even more interested and immediately move to ask me about the movie Whiplash. It almost never fails, I assure you...

My life here at Juilliard isn't quite as damaging as that movie. There is a lot of pressure, though, I'll say that. It's not like I didn't ask for it or anything. Pressure keeps me on my toes, personally. It's sort of like the phrase "Never a dull moment." 

I'm a 3rd year at Juilliard now. For the past two years, my course schedule was PACKED. But, this year I have an average of two classes a day. Therefore, it is in my best interest to make a schedule for myself to maximize the amount of work I get done, RIGHT?

(Thanks, Oprah.)

(Thanks, Oprah.)

My classes this year range from small ensemble to jazz orchestra, from jazz theory to composition & arranging. There's even a liberal arts class thrown in there for good measure. I'm also pretty involved on campus. I serve as a Diversity Advocate this year, so I help plan fun, educational events around the school that educate and enlighten the student body on everything diversity entails. And there's always great food! ;)

When I'm not in class, practicing or doing homework, I'm writing a blog for Juilliard admissions... 

A Day in The Life of a Juilliard Drama Major!

A (Fri)day in the Juilliard Life!

A (Fri)day in the Juilliard Life!