The past few weeks have been very relaxing, which is not something I get to say very often. I have been taking advantage of my free time. Here are five things I have been able to accomplish in the past week.
1. I turned in my essay! Although I do not have many academic classes at Juilliard, the work can definitely pile up. I am always extremely glad to cross an essay off of my to-do list.
2. On Saturday, I went to see a show at SUNY Purchase College with a few of my classmates. I have quite a number of friends who attend the Conservatory of Dance at Purchase College. Some of them I know from high school, while some of them I met at different summer intensives. It is always wonderful to see these friends of mine absolutely nailing it on stage.
3. I watched and photographed Senior Production, a show choreographed by the seniors of the dance division, performed by the junior and senior class. I left inspired and excited about what’s to come in my final two years at Juilliard.
4. I had a weekend getaway. Typically I will have some form of rehearsal or outreach performance on the weekend. Last week, I didn’t have anything planned, so I went to Pennsylvania! One of my best friends studies at Penn State, so I went and stayed with her for the weekend. Spoiler Alert! Regular college is much different that Juilliard. There are a lot more people.
5. I edited the footage from the New Orleans service project. We documented much of our trip to New Orleans, and I had the task of putting it all together! In my spare time this week, I finished the video! Check it out.