Towards the Finish Line

Towards the Finish Line

This past week was a flurry of performances and special events. As the semester comes to a close, we cram a ton of stuff into the last days of the term.

Last Sunday was Jerry Shafnisky's annual Christmas party. He's our Drama Office Manager and throws a great party with tons of food, drinks and homemade Christmas tree ornaments!

On Tuesday, we had a special master class and Q&A with legendary actress Fiona Shaw. She is a remarkably generous artist and I learned so much from just a couple hours of watching her work with Group 45.

And then the flurry of performances! 

•Two wonderful 2nd Year Shakespeare Projects: Twelfth Night and The Tempest

•My good friend Dan Kurland's final DMA recital on Friday night, (featuring the one and only Tyne Daly) in a fabulous concert of French and Russian music!

•On Saturday, Group 45 in Aristophanes' The Frogs. I'm a huge fan of Group 45's work and this was one of the best shows I have seen in a long time! 

•That evening, we attended a reading of Joshua Harmon's new play Admissions, at the Signature Theater Center. The play was very thought provoking and I really respond to Joshua's writing. Last year, I saw Bad Jews at the Roundabout and became a huge fan. 

•Sunday afternoon, we attended the New Dances: Edition 2014 performance in the Peter Jay Sharp Theater at school. I'm constantly inspired by the work of our dancers and I particularly loved the high level of artistry and maturity in the work of this year's graduating class. 

To top it all off, here's my puppy, "Jeter." This is who I'm most excited to see when I go home for Christmas this weekend!

Winds, Harps, and Guitars

Winds, Harps, and Guitars

Breathe, Stretch, Shake, Dance

Breathe, Stretch, Shake, Dance