Food and Drink Hotspots
There are infinite eating establishments in NYC to discovery, but what's most practical for us busy students is what's closest to the school. Here's a list of my favorite spots and what they're known for:
- Gourmet Garage - Our backdoor neighbor and most likely staying in business cause of all the Juilliard personnel who shop there daily. Every drink and food option you could need. Known for soup bar, coffee on the go, and any grocery you need.
- Indie Food and Wine - Our neighbor to the south and tucked under the cool grassy knoll in Lincoln Center plaza. Known for good coffee and fine foods, great place to catch up with friends and grab a quick bite. They offer a 10% discount for Juilliard personnel!
- Le Pain Quotidien - Located on the east side of Broadway on 65th street, this is a chain French restaurant known for their baked goods. If you sit down, make sure to try the amazing Brunette Hazelnut spread on a fresh baguette - delicious!
- BreadSoul Cafe - a small hole-in-the-wall joint on Broadway and 63rd, they offer tons of sandwiches and are quick. Personal favorite: Grilled Chipotle Chicken Panini.
- Magnolia Bakery - a NYC classic, this famous bakery is dangerously close to school. Just a few minutes walk and decadent cupcakes are yours. Personal favorite is the banana pudding - try it once. You're welcome.
- Big Nick's - a Juilliard hang for as long as it's been around, this joint specializes in pizza and burgers, but their menu is infinite. They also deliver all night and have made countless trips to our beloved dorms. Remember to ask for the Juilliard student discount!
- Harry's Burritos - the go-to post-concert hotspot just across the street from Big Nicks's, Harry's has the best happy hour (4-7pm and 10-11pm) in the vicinity of school. You'll always see a familiar face here. Chill in the bar downstairs and get a frozen margarita - ask for chips and salsa, they're free with a drink during happy hour!
- Trader Joe's - the ultimate place for groceries (best prices in town), we're lucky to have one just up the street from us. Great quality and even though the lines are long, they move quickly. ProTip: do your shopping while you wait in line and kill two birds with one stone. They also sell 6-packs of bottled beer at the best price in the city. Remember they close at 10pm!