Preparing the Applications!

Preparing the Applications!

Deadline is coming up!  I remember how terribly stressed I was exactly a year ago, when I had a ton of applications to finish, essays to write, recordings to make… it was so overwhelming!  My biggest mistake was that I postponed the applications to the very last minute, which is why I was so stressed.  However, it doesn't have to be so hard!  Here are a few tips on how to make this process easier.

1. Give yourself enough time!!!

This is a classic one, but it is incredibly important!  These applications take up way more time than you would expect.  There could be technical issues when uploading your video recordings, or you suddenly realize you need another recommendation letter for one school, you need to dig for information you never even knew about yourself and the list goes on.  So start early, so you can complete all things in time, while remaining sane!

2)  Organise - one folder for each school!

If you have 3 or more applications, it is easy to start confusing them, since each school has it’s own system. I find that the best thing to do, is have a folder for each school, where you write down all deadlines, usernames and passwords, audition dates and repertoire, essay topics and such.  You can also make it in a form of a checklist, so you can check each thing off once you have accomplished it.  It is a great way to keep track of everything you have to do, without mixing it up and confusing.  

3)  Have someone technically gifted by your side

If you possess this gift, you are very lucky.  I definitely do not, so the day before the deadline, I was running crying to my friend who knows how to use a computer, who completely saved my life.  When uploading my videos, there were constant issues, either the format wasn't right, so I would have to convert it into something else, or the school required audio recordings as opposed to video, and for some schools, I had to upload the recordings on Youtube.  I could not have done all that without help, so if technology is not your forte, ask someone to be on standby!

4)  Remember that everything will work out eventually :)

One day, this will all be over.  You will be going to one of these schools you are now applying for and you will complete this journey, by beginning a whole new one, a way better one!  These applications are extremely stressful and they take a lot of effort. However, no matter how many problems may occur, eventually, you will finish them and thins will work out.

Don't forget to thank your friends and family for their help and support! :)

Best of luck with your applications! 

xoxo

Ranny

Talent Show

Talent Show

Colloquium

Colloquium