Juilliard: First Impressions

Juilliard: First Impressions

My first weeks at Juilliard have been a whirlwind, I feel like I’ve already been here a whole year! It has definitely been a challenge being thrown into new classes and adapting to the rigorous rehearsal schedule of orchestra.  It has also been difficult to develop a routine since almost every week I have a different schedule.  One thing I have done every week is take ballet classes at Alvin Ailey, and of course, every day I practice flute. 

My favorite place to practice is in the dance studios, although most times it is very hard to find an open studio!

Here is where I take ballet class; it’s nice to stretch out after being in the practice room!

In the two months I’ve been here I have learned a tremendous amount in my lessons, in orchestra, and in my classes.  I always have a lot to practice and I always have something to prepare for.

This is my favorite practice room, you can see the top of Avery Fisher Hall out the window.

My favorite thing about Juilliard right now is definitely my flute teacher, but I have also been loving Rep Class and Orchestra.  I’m looking forward to the rest of the semester!

Oh, and here's the view from my dorm, it's pretty incredible.

View from Dorm

#capturethemoment Allie J. style

#capturethemoment Allie J. style